Bored with plain old spaghetti?? You could just choose from one of the 600 different shapes of pasta produced worldwide to change things up a bit...
...create a FUN, and colorful pasta dish that will dazzle even your pickiest of eaters!
All you need is your choice of pasta or spaghetti, a selection of food coloring, and large zip lock bags. So easy and fun, your entire family can have fun with it!
Ready, Set, Let's Go!!
|First, gather your noodles, food coloring and a zipper baggie for each color.|
|Boil your noodles according to package directions until al dente (cooked, but firm). While you wait on your pasta to cook, add approx. 20 drops of food coloring and two tablespoons of water to each bag.|
|Drain and rinse cooked pasta with cold water. This stops the cooking process.|
|Add a portion of the cooked spaghetti to each bag and mix well. Let sit for at least a minute...otherwise, you may end up with gray spaghetti when you rinse!
Drain each bag of pasta separately with cold water and add back to the pot. Toss together for a colorful pasta dish!
Then serve with your choice of sauce and toppings (don’t forget to add a veggie!)! If you want to use a sauce that will allow the colored pasta to be the star of your plate, toss with a simple garlic herb butter sauce and sprinkle with a dash of Parmesan!
Pas-ta Spaghetti this way!
Pasta Fun Facts:
- Uncooked pasta can be kept for up to a year while cooked pasta can be kept frozen for up to 3 months!
- Pasta was originally eaten plain...and with your hands!
- Over 60 pounds of pasta is eaten by Italians per person per year! Wow!
- Spaghetti with Meatballs is actually an American invention. Immigrants from Italy found meat much more plentiful in America and began to add this to their
- October is National Pasta Month...that's right...ALL month!